Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Hey there Pop, 


So it finally snowed last night - well really snowed.  It snowed a bit on Sunday, but nothing to write home about.  Up here it wasn't enough to even have any driving troubles - though it was a bit tougher down in Detroit, a friend of mine said there was a ton of ice and no salt trucks.

Last night they were forecasting 2 to 4 inches, it ended up being about an inch.  And then we've been under a 'Lake Effect Snow Watch', with a possible 5 to 8 inches - but that expired at 4pm. So it looks like the inch that we got is it for a while.  I think that they are talking about a little bit of snow off and on for the rest of the week, but I'm not holding my breath.  

Your car did well up the snowy driveway, the traction control engaged a couple of times, but it really went up like a little champ.  I was a bit worried about it, all for not as it turned out.  Also Scott said that you put mud/snow tires on the car - I'm not sure why, since you weren't really going to run into much of either in California, but we're grateful :-)

The bad news is that is has been cold enough for the snow to stay around.  It's been in the 30's since Sunday, with no end in site.  And then Mer and Mom call me up and tell me how warm and sunny it is at home (not that it's not sunny here, but it sure isn't warm) - grrr.  Oh well, I knew that would happen when I moved.

It was nice waking up this morning with the snow, the house is so much brighter with the snow reflecting the light.  I forget how much I love that from year to year.  It really is amazing how much brighter everything gets.  I even got to wear my sunglasses this morning.

Of course the kittens wanted out, but now that the snow is down they will be going out less and less - mostly I think they are ok with it, but the still like to go out during the day.  I know that they have fur coats and all, but I worry that they are getting too cold.  I mean, George would stay out all day in the snow if we let her.

Speaking of George, she was thrilled to see the snow this morning!  Man does that dog love snow.  I got an email from a blogging friend of hers that lives close by, an all black airedale, and we're going to go visit so that they can both play in the snow!  It should be fun, I'll make sure to post some pictures when we do it.

Oh and I found out a bit more about the Navy ship - it turns out there were some "mechanical issues"!  Here's more about it.

I guess that's if for now - I'll let you know if we get that 5 inches.

Talk to you later Pop, love you.

0 comments: