Thursday, January 8, 2009

Hey there Pop,

I was listening to the radio today, and they were interviewing this guy that drove his truck off the road into freezing water, swam to shore and then walked, wet and frozen, for hours looking for someone to help him - and he survived. Then he talked about how he kept telling God that he didn't want to die, that he had a wife and grandchildren - he wanted to live for them. He said he kept asking God to live, and he did.

So I was wondering, did you ask? Did you tell God that you didn't want to go, that there were still people that needed you here? Did you have time to ask? Would you have asked if you had time? Or did you give up, were you ready? Because we weren't.

You know how I feel about God, that I've always had doubts. Sometimes I wish I could believe, but it's just too hard to. Because what if you asked Pop, what if you asked to stay - and God said no. How can I believe in someone who would do that?

I guess I can't.

Talk to you later Pop, I love you.

1 comments:

Fizzgig said...

its hard for me sometimes too to believe. i think the questions are part of our individual "why we are here"