Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Hey there Pop,

So what did you think? Pretty great stuff today - that's for sure. I've got to say, I like saying President Obama, it makes me happy. It seems like everyone was really feeling pretty great today, I really hope that we can all continue to feel that way.

I thought that President Obama's speech was inspiring and yet approachable - but then, I've always felt that he is an amazing orator. And I'm pleased that the country finally has an eloquent and educated person in charge - I think good things are going to happen.

I really loved the piece that Yo-Yo Ma and Itzhak Pearlman did, "Air and Simple Gifts". It was really well done, but then what would you expect. I thought of you a lot during that part, wondering what you'd think of today.

You're missing some serious history here Pop. It makes me sad, but I know you're still keeping track so that makes it a little less sad.

Talk to you later Pop, I love you.

1 comments:

Fizzgig said...

it was a very inspirational day! It was a nice break from the doom and gloom of the news, and future of the country. I hate negativity. It's such a wasted energy!