Friday, February 13, 2009

Hey there Pop,

Sorry I haven't been around in a bit. I just haven't known what to say lately - I just miss you so much. Everyone says that it's hard to lose your Dad, I agree. But I didn't just lose my Dad (that would be bad enough) I lost one of my best friends. I miss not telling you things, I miss hearing all your random stuff, I miss knowing that I could call you to find out anything I ever needed to know. I miss talking about my pictures, I miss finding out about the house renovations, I miss hearing about the A's even though I never really cared. I miss you.

And other people miss you too. I've been on Facebook for a while - it's a "social networking" website and I've found Jessica, Yvette, Jenny and Shelley (as well as a bunch of other elementary, junior high, high school and college friends - it's pretty cool). Jessica and I chatted back and forth, talking about you and Chuck. It's been a while since he passed, but we're both in the same boat - we both had great Dads and we're both a little less without them. The other three of the fearsome foursome miss you too - I met up with them in San Diego a couple of weeks ago and they all had such nice things to say about you.

The other day I had a dream about you, Aunt Barb and Grammy were there - we were all in the old house at Rossmore. I knew that you were all gone, but I didn't care because I was just so glad to see you all and talk to you. I was a little worried to see Uncle Jim, but maybe he and I were just visiting you all - hopefully he's ok. I should probably call and check on him.

Speaking of pictures - here's a collage of all my January pictures.


I kept doing a photo a day, I really liked it last year, and I think I'm getting pretty good with it. Oh, and Mer and Tammy are doing it too, so that's kind of fun.

I guess that's it - oh crap, I almost forgot! The Sharks were in first place!!!! Not just in the division, actual first place. They're doing really well this year, maybe you're pulling some strings for them?

All right, that's probably it for real - I promise to not be gone so long again.

Talk to you later Pop, I love you.

1 comments:

Fizzgig said...

that is a really neat photo! I joined facebook for the second time so far im unimpressed! I like myspace better!